The Overview page (and the How FairPay works box in the sidebar) explain more of how FairPay works, building on a simple balance of powers. Other posts on this blog explain the mechanics in detail, and how it can apply to journalism and similar content businesses. Here is a guide to the posts most relevant to journalism (but for fuller background, see the More Details page).
On FairPay as it applies to journalism:
- [Latest] Patron-izing Journalism -- Beyond Paywalls, Meters, and Membership
- "Why should I pay you?" - Bezos' Washington Post - a New Business Model for Journalism
- Pierre Omidyar: Adventures in New Business Models for Journalism
- FairPay for The Times?...for JournalismOnline newspapers?...or Google Newspass?
- Times Premier? -- What is it really worth? ...FairPay can tell
- Beyond the Deadweight Loss of "All You Can Eat" Subscriptions
- Beyond Freemium -- Free? Paid? Freemium?... Finding Whatever Works
- Paywall 2.0 ...and Paywall 3.0 -- Focus on the Customer!
- "E-Books Are Reading You" -- How That Enables a New and Far Better Economics
- So Last Century! - It's Time to End the Tyranny of Set Prices
- Cutting the Gordian Knot of Price Setting: FairPay, Pay Walls, Hurdles, and Simplicity
- The Long Tail of Prices -- Uncoil it with FairPay
On why this idea is is just crazy enough to work: